Look at me! Finally cooking again :). I know, I know, it has been forever since I have cooked (something new at least). However, before we get to the recipe, let me just say, I don’t know how my mother did this. As I was cooking yesterday, I had to watch two dogs who don’t like each other while simultaneously cooking, while making sure they don’t get into a mess (puppies, you know?) I was so anxious the whole time, and I couldn’t concentrate on anything. So here’s a big shout out to my mother who did this every night with 3 kids and one dog….it’s crazy.
Anyway, here is what I made last night:
It was absolutely delicious, and fairly easy to make…you just have to do three things all at once. Or, I guess you could do them one at a time and be less stressed than I was 🙂
Here is what you need:
- One box elbow macaroni
- Big can of purred tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 small can tomato paste
- Whatever spices you would like to add to your sauce (I used garlic, oregano, onions and basil)
- 4 cups of low fat cheese (I used cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese)
- 1 lb ground beef
And now for the fun part:
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package
- Brown the meat and then drain.
- Combine all tomato sauces and spices to blend
- Once everything is complete, mix all three ingredients with 3 cups of the cheese and stir well in a lasagna pan
- Top off the casserole with all the left over cheese
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes
Right seems easy enough!
Although I definitely learned something about myself:
- I need to concentrate when I cook, otherwise it leads to my next point.
- I am messy. I am such a messy cook.
Haha, some points to definitely work on.
Anyway, it was amaaaaaazing, I am going to count this one as a win!
10 – 1