Did you guys know that it’s national poultry day! Just as a fun fact 🙂 Woohoo! Another recipe down, only 1 million more to try…no biggie. 🙂
However, I thoroughly enjoyed this chicken recipe. It took me a little bit longer to make than I originally intended, but I’m glad I stuck with it. I got the original recipe here. I will say that this is the first time that I have ever boiled chicken…if I’m completely honest, it was weird. Haha, but it was quite effective and I think it would be good for shredding chicken? (That’s just my guess, I have never tried).
Anyway, here is the delicious food:
Here is what you will need:
- 5 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 1 1/2 rolls of crackers)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil raw chicken breasts with salt and pepper until done.
- Once chicken has cooled slightly, cut into one inch cubes.
- Place cubed chicken in a 9X13 casserole dish.
- Stir together the soup and sour cream. Pour over the chicken.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the crushed crackers, poppy seeds and melted butter. Sprinkle over the chicken and sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top of the casserole is browned. Serve plain or over rice.
All in all, it’s a good recipe to try 🙂
Annnnnnd another win! Check me out!