Yes, you are reading that correctly. I found a recipe for Spinach and Artichoke Pasta, and it was simply divine.
However, for this recipe, it takes a little more work than the previous recipes on here, but it’s one hundred percent worth it! If you are a fan of the dip, then this is definitely a future dinner for you. Here is where I found the recipe.
Creamy and delicious!
Get ready folks, this one has more ingredients and directions than the other ones. However, this is what you need:
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 cloves Garlic, Finely Minced
- 2 bags Baby Spinach
- 2 cans Artichoke Hearts, Drained And Halved
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1-1/2 cup Mozzarella Or Monterey Jack Cheese, Grated
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth (less Or More)
- 12 ounces, weight Penne, Cooked Until Al Dente
- 1/2 cup Seasoned Panko Breadcrumbs
- Crushed Red Pepper, To Taste
1. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large pot or skillet. Add garlic as well as the spinach. Keep in there until spinach starts to wilt. Then, remove spinach from heat and set aside.
2. Add 2 tablespoons butter to the same pot. Throw in the halved artichokes and stir it around until they get a little color. Remove the artichokes from the pot and set them aside.
3. Reduce the heat to low. Add 2 tablespoons butter to the pot.
4. Add flour and whisk until it’s combined
5. Add milk whisk to combine. Let it set for a few minutes so that it will start to thicken.
6. Add Parmesan, Mozzarella/Monterey Jack, salt and pepper, and cayenne pepper. Stir to melt, and if it’s overly thick, splash in chicken broth.
7. Add artichokes and pasta, tossing gently to combine. Gently fold in spinach, then pour the pasta into a serving bowl. Sprinkle the top with crushed red pepper flakes and plenty of Panko breadcrumbs for crunch.