Did anybody notice that I haven’t cooked since my major fail a couple of weeks ago?
I needed a easy, delicious recipe to get my cooking swag back (yep, I used the word swag), and I am happy to say that I found it. I received this, from one of my friends, Jenna. Thank you, girl! It was amazing…and super easy.
Looks beautiful, right?
I love all types of pasta…it’s the Italian in me. This sauce was super easy to make, basically you just let it simmer while adding a few things.
You can find the recipe here. I would recommend this for beginners. Believe me you should give it a shot!
This is what you need:
3 c penne pasta
1 c marinara sauce
1/2 c heavy cream
1 c fresh spinach
1 c mushrooms, sliced (optional)
1 c cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1. Start Cooking the Pasta according to the package
2. For the sauce, start with olive oil in saute pan. Once warm, add the mushrooms and tomatoes.Let this heat until mushrooms are cooked through.
3. Add marinara, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes. Let this simmer on low for 10 minutes.
4. After it has simmered, add the heavy cream to the sauce and simmer for a few more minutes.
5. Then combine the spinach, sauce and pasta.
It can’t get easier than that!
Looks like I’m back on track guys!